Published on 22 Aug 13
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focuses on:
- ??Division 7A - What is its real purpose and what is its future???
- Are Division 6 and Divisions 7 and 7A joined at the hip???
- Should we have a retained business tax rate and a distributed tax rate in place of a corporate tax rate???
- What tax rate should apply to retained passive income???
- Should there be targeted “consolidation” rules for private business, or should the old section 80G and group rollover rules be reconsidered for private groups?
Keith is a Consultant at Hall and Wilcox within the Taxation group. He has been a key figure in the tax advisory profession for many years. Keith was a member of the original Breakfast Club organising committee, and was actively involved in its development for many years. From 2004, Keith was a member of the Board of Taxation for 10 years and during the last four he was the Deputy Chair of the Board. His involvement has also extended to Chairman of the Public Accountants Committee, Victorian President, National Councillor, Chairman of the Taxation Centre of Excellence and member of the National Tax Advisory Committee for CPA Australia. For many years Keith was a member of The Tax Institutes Victorian and National Education Committees. In October 2008, he was awarded a Meritorious Service Award by the Institute. Keith has had extensive experience in the construction and development fields, and he is also a director of Dennis Family Holdings.
- Current at
11 January 2017