Published on 08 Feb 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation covered:
- deferred purchase agreements
- ATO rulings (a long time in coming) and industry response
- issues for issuers
- capital protect products update:
- market practice and product design changes post 1 July 2007
- emerging issues - "integration" of "arrangements".
Jonathan is Deputy Tax Director of Citigroup in Australia and has responsibility for Australian taxation aspects of all structured financial products issued by Citigroup. He has been involved in the processes around the issue of Tax Office Rulings in relation to Deferred Purchase Agreements and also the consultation with Treasury in relation to Capital Protected Products.
Current at 18 December 2007 Current at 18 December 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jonathan HARREX.