Published on 26 Aug 06
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper provides a commentary on current superannuation issues, including the changes announced in the May 2006 Federal Budget, as well as:
- contributions, RBLs and planning for 1 July 2007
- an update on pensions, pre and post 1 July 2007
- transition to retirement, what this means
- where the Taxation Office is at with Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- revisiting issues associated with investment and asset ownership
- discussing requirements for actuarial certificates
- considering audit issues for Self Managed Superannuation Funds for 2006.
Sharyn is Principal of Sharyn Long Chartered Accountants. She commenced her career in 1979 and held the position as Director of Superannuation Services at Andersen’s prior to commencing her practice in 1993. Sharyn has specialised in superannuation since 1985. She is a past elected member of the executive of the Association of Superannuation Funds in Australia and chaired the education and functions committee for a number of years. Sharyn Long Chartered Accountants is regarded as the premier firm in superannuation services in Western Australia and has recently been appointed tax advisors to the Government Employees Superannuation Fund in WA.
Current at 11 April 2008 Current at 29 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Sharyn LONG.