Published on 20 Oct 06
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The classic call from agribusiness clients is that they will do anything not to pay tax at year end, spend the money, FMDs, superannuation etc. But are these effective given changes to the legislation? In this paper Harry analyses:
- tax planning strategies for primary production
- timing of derivation of income and deductions
- capital allowance and tax issues re. disposal of farming assets
- are balancing adjustments, capital gains and recoups of expenditure treated concessionally?
- how do the different divisions interact?
Harry M RIGNEY
Current at 16 May 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Harry M RIGNEY.