Published on 07 Oct 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper explores emerging directions and issues in the area of trusts. Topics covered include:
- section 100A - the new Part IVA for trusts
- vesting day and perpetuity period problems and issues
- the coming tidal wave of trust litigation
- distributions from trust reserves
- trust cloning risks post - TR 2005/D15
- the sleeping giant - family trust distribution tax.
Graeme Halperin CTA
Graeme Halperin, CTA, of Halperin and Co, is a Barrister and Solicitor specialising in taxation, trust, estate and commercial law with extensive experience in tax, trust, estate and commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Graeme has been a regular speaker for The Tax Institute for many years. He is a former Chairman of the Victorian Professional Development Committee, Melbourne Breakfast Club and State Convention Committee, and served two terms on the Victorian State Council. He has also been a member of the SME, State Revenue and Superannuation subcommittees. Graeme also participated in NTLG Trust subgroup discussions on the draft Bamford decision impact. Current at 04 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Graeme HALPERIN.
Further details about this event: