Published on 13 Sep 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This convention paper covers the following topics:
- recent superannuation changes that tax practitioners must know
- flexible pension strategies
- designing the most effective retirement strategy for your client
- how does that relate to your client's estate planning strategy
- key licensing and disclosure requirements of the Financial Services Reform Act, including a discussion of 'financial product advice and incidental advice'
- major issues, impacts and options for superannuation, accounting and legal professionals
- how to plan and be ready for the changes ahead, and what tools and systems you may need.
Germana also presented this paper at the Tasmanian State Convention in Orford on 18 October 2003.
Germana is the Manager of Consulting Services at Accent Consulting in Melbourne. She has considerable experience in the
financial services industry in a number of roles, including financial accountant, paraplanner and compliance officer. Germana has most recently focused on the impact of the Financial Services Reform Act on the accounting & legal industry, and in particular, on current practices across the industry, with emphasis on creating compliance models of 'best fit' for these practices.
Current at 25 August 2003
- Current at
19 November 2004