Published on 07 Apr 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Topics to be discussed in this paper include:
- Using the margin scheme to advantage and avoiding problems
- Then is there an enterprise in relation to property?
- The going concern and farmland exemptions - opportunities and limitations
- Interaction of GST and stamp duty on property
- Getting the GST right in property transaction documents
Graeme is an Executive Director of Ernst & Young and leads Ernst & Young's Perth stamp duty team. Graeme has worked as a tax lawyer for over 20 years, over 10 of those as Tax Partner of a major national law firm. Graeme has been an active member of The Tax Institute for many decades and is a former WA State Chairman. He has been closely involved with the review and development of stamp duty and other state tax legislation in Western Australia on behalf of the Institute.
- Current at
01 January 2014