Published on 07 Jul 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- relying on GST rulings, other publications and industry gossip
- is there any point getting a private ruling?
- the ATO's approach to penalties and GIC remission
- strategies for challenging ATO views
- GST litigation - some lessons learnt so far.
Damian has specialised exclusively in indirect tax
consulting for more than 12 years. Prior to setting up the boutique indirect tax practice, Damian Welshe & Associates in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of the Taxation Institute's National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. He is a regular presenter on GST issues for professional and industry bodies.
Current at 14 June 2006 Current at 09 August 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Damian WELSHE.