Published on 15 Oct 05
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper pulls together a number of issues relating to loans - looking at them from a different direction/angle including:
- no-doc loans between closely held entities
- section 109XB
- practical requirements for dealing with at-call loans (No 4 Measures Act)
- other at call loan issues for SMEs
- impact of recent cases on interest deductions
- redraw facility for private purposes - interest deduction apportioned - AAT Domjan v FCT
- the impact of Consolidation on loans between closely held entities.
Current at 16 May 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Chris WALLIS.