Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers winding up a private company from income tax, GST and stamp duty viewpoints, including:
- why liquidate? - comparison with capital return mechanisms
- dividend v capital proceeds - where do I start?
- managing available franking credits
- CGT events C2 and G1
- liquidating consolidated entities - where should you start?
- timing issues - some curious results emerge
- interaction with CGT discount and small business concessions
- stamp duty exemptions and GST issues on liquidations
- implications of various liquidation strategies.
Current at 26 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Andrew SINCLAIR.