Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Do YOU have the appropriate and right documents? Topics covered in this paper include:
- record keeping obligations
- do the documents you keep stack up?
- do in-house transactions stack up?
- computer records
- the effect of the consolidations regime
- management of directors' minutes
- understanding the importance of third party records/evidence, eg financiers
- understanding the expectations of the ATO
- contemporaneous documents should disclose facts, not fairy tales
- evidential aspects
Sue is a partner at EY specialising in tax controversy. Sue has worked in tax for more than 25 years, including roles in major law firms and executive roles within the firms in which she has been a partner. Sue was the President of The Tax Institute in 2008, has been a member of several advisory boards, has participated in many consultative forums and lectures in the University of Melbourne Masters of Law program. Sue was a member of the instructing solicitor team working on the Placer Dome litigation.
- Current at
26 June 2019