Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Do YOU have the appropriate and right documents? Topics covered in this paper include:
- record keeping obligations
- do the documents you keep stack up?
- do in-house transactions stack up?
- computer records
- the effect of the consolidations regime
- management of directors' minutes
- understanding the importance of third party records/evidence, eg financiers
- understanding the expectations of the ATO
- contemporaneous documents should disclose facts, not fairy tales
- evidential aspects
Sue leads EY's Melbourne Tax Controversy practice. She has acted in various AAT, Federal Court, High Court and Supreme Court cases relating to various Commonwealth and state taxes, and has advised clients on a broad range of taxation issues including income tax, GST and PRRT. Sue is also an accredited mediator and has assisted clients in resolving disputes using various alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. Sue is a member of the ATO Dispute Resolution Committee and is a former president of The Tax Institute.
- Current at