Published on 17 Oct 03
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- trading stock v capital distinction
- allocation of service expenses to trading stock cost
- trading stock arbitrage by using a captured construction entity
- acceleration of construction costs
- selection of development vehicle
- restructures and land partitions
- stamp duty
- serviced apartment depreciation phenomena and ATO crackdown.
Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and State tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcement. Ron specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist Tax Law and member of the Tax Law Advisory Committee with the Law Institute of Victoria. He is a member of the Property and Commercial Law Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania. Ron is a Chartered Tax Advisor and member and former chair of the States Taxes Committee (Vic) of The Tax Institute. Ron was recognised by Doyle’s Guide Leading Tax Lawyer - Victoria for 2015 to 2021 and Best Lawyers for tax law - Australia 2021 and Global 2021.
- Current at
16 July 2021