Published on 20 Oct 06
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Australians have a fascination with acquiring and holding property. Understanding the latest in property investment is a must. This paper looks at the current issues facing property investors by examining:
- serviced apartments and management arrangements - the new GST treatment
- TD 2005/28 - does it apply to all property syndicates?
- income tax and GST impact of guaranteed rental streams
- using nominees or custodians to hold syndicate property - the income tax and GST issues
- property developments - determining when you are required to be registered for GST and when you can deregister
- the margin scheme - an overview of where we are today.