Published on 07 Apr 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
A number of recent cases and ATO rulings have significantly impacted on the income tax and GST treatment of property syndicates. This is an emerging area of tax with big dollars at stake. This session will examine:
- Serviced apartments and management arrangements - the new GST treatment
- Does TD 2005/28 apply to all property syndicates?
- The income tax and GST impact of guaranteed rental streams
- Common property and capital allowances
- using nominees or custodians to hold syndicate property - the income tax and GST issues
Lachlan is the Global Head of Indirect Tax for KPMG, as well as leading the Indirect Tax and Tax Technology practices for KPMG China. As part of his role in KPMG China, Lachlan led KPMG China’s efforts in relation to the VAT reform pilot program in China, including providing advice to various Government agencies in relation to several key aspects of the VAT reforms, including the application of VAT to financial services, insurance, construction and real estate, transfers of a business, as well as other reforms relating to the introduction of Advance Rulings in China. Previously he was a partner of KPMG Australia for over 11 years as the head of Indirect Tax in Sydney, and the National head of Tax Controversy services for KPMG Tax Lawyers Pty Ltd. Lachlan is also formerly a Director of the Tax Institute.
- Current at
30 September 2019