Published on 07 Apr 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
A number of recent cases and ATO rulings have significantly impacted on the income tax and GST treatment of property syndicates. This is an emerging area of tax with big dollars at stake. This session will examine:
- Serviced apartments and management arrangements - the new GST treatment
- Does TD 2005/28 apply to all property syndicates?
- The income tax and GST impact of guaranteed rental streams
- Common property and capital allowances
- using nominees or custodians to hold syndicate property - the income tax and GST issues
Lachlan R WOLFERS
Lachlan is a tax partner at KPMG and a director of KPMG Tax Lawyers Pty Ltd. Lachlan is the leader of KPMG's indirect tax practice in Sydney, and in recent years, has developed an extensive tax litigation practice. Lachlan is a National Councillor of the Taxation Institute, and Chair of its Corporate Subcommittee and former Chair of its GST and Indirect Tax Subcommittee. Lachlan has written for a vast range of publications, including on the topics of CGT, GST and income tax, and is a regular media commentator on tax matters.
Current at January 2009 Current at 25 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Lachlan R WOLFERS.