Published on 08 Aug 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- how recent changes to super rules have impacted on super and succession strategies
- how super rules help liberate wealth from an entity
- how super rules help CGT planning
- liberating wealth from superannuation entities (including lump sums, pension strategies, RBLs)
- effective estate planning with superannuation.
It has been re-produced as if the Government’s “Plan to Simplify and Streamline Superannuation”, which was announced on 9 May 2006, becomes law as intended from 1 July 2007. This paper was also presented at the North Queensland Convention in Townsville on 19 May 2006. Some minor updates have been made to take recent changes into account. It was presented again by Peter O'Connor at the Cairns Tax Update, held in Cairns on 27 October 2006.