Published on 06 May 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper provides an overview as to how a tax effective investment can:
- be used as a complement or alternate to superannuation
- maximise the effectiveness of the superannuation fund by reducing or eliminating the superannuation surcharge
- be used within a self managed superannuation fund to:
- increase overall returns and lower risk
- assist with excess benefits issues
- provide a potential tax free income in retirement.
Cameron is an Executive Director, General Manager and Company Secretary of Great Southern Plantations Ltd. Prior to joining the Great Southern Group in 1999, Cameron was a director in the Business Services Division of Pricewaterhousecoopers, where he worked for 12 years. Cameron has a unique insight into 'tax-effective' investments, having experience both within his role as accounting adviser as well as a promoter and manager.
- Current at
01 September 2011