Published on 26 Aug 06
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation provides a commentary on current superannuation issues, including the changes announced in the May 2006 Federal Budget, as well as:
- contributions, RBLs and planning for 1 July 2007
- an update on pensions, pre and post 1 July 2007
- transition to retirement, what this means
- where the Taxation Office is at with Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- revisiting issues associated with investment and asset ownership
- discussing requirements for actuarial certificates
- considering audit issues for Self Managed Superannuation Funds for 2006.
Sharyn Long, CTA, is the Managing Partner of Sharyn Long Chartered Accountants (SLCA) and specialises in accounting, tax and compliance services for corporate, government and industry funds. Sharyn has spent most of her career in superannuation, being a major participant in the Cooper Review and a member of the Treasury Working Group formed to address the SMSF reforms from that review. She was a member of the Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board Taskforce reviewing the independence of SMSF auditors, and has also assisted the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board in the development of guidelines for auditors. SLCA recently sold their SMSF fees to focus on Australian Prudential Regulation Authority-regulated funds.
- Current at
30 August 2017