Published on 05 May 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focusses on the practical issues when your client acquires a company that has been part of a consolidated group. Tax consolidations creates a new set of due diligence risks to be considered to ensure your client gets the most value from the purchase and is not left with any hidden surprises. Topics covered include:
- structuring for the acquisition
- buying the company versus buying the assets
- what tax history will it inherit?
- tax sharing agreement and tax indemnities
- asset identification and valuation
- issues relevant to the vendor's negotiating position.
Current at 15 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Alistair HUTSON.