Published on 05 May 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focusses on the practical issues when your client acquires a company that has been part of a consolidated group. Tax consolidations creates a new set of due diligence risks to be considered to ensure your client gets the most value from the purchase and is not left with any hidden surprises. Topics covered include:
- structuring for the acquisition
- buying the company versus buying the assets
- what tax history will it inherit?
- tax sharing agreement and tax indemnities
- asset identification and valuation
- issues relevant to the vendor's negotiating position.
Alistair is a Partner in
the Corporate Tax Group of PwC in
Adelaide. He provides taxation advice
and support for corporate clients across
areas such as mergers and acquisitions,
tax due diligence, capital gains tax,
cross-border transactions, international
tax structuring, funding decisions
and repatriation of profits. Alistair is
a member of The Tax Institute’s SA
State Council and speaks regularly for
professional bodies in relation to tax.
- Current at
06 November 2019