Published on 25 Aug 06
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation focusses on the critical issues to consider when analysing an estate plan for your clients, including:
- everything you need to know about testamentary trusts:
- how they are utilised
- their income tax, stamp duty and land tax implications
- family law considerations
- reviewing the trust deed of a discretionary trust in five minutes
- how best to deal with superannuation death benefits
- the major issues regarding Enduring Powers of Attorney.
Daniel is a partner of EY Law specialising in the provision of legal and tax services to high net worth individuals and their related companies and trusts. He is a chartered accountant and solicitor who has over 20 years of experience in revenue law. He practises in all areas of tax and duty but has a particular focus on superannuation, estate planning, trusts, business structuring, capital gains tax and dealing with the ATO in relation to tax disputes. Daniel is also a Chartered Tax Adviser of The Tax Institute and currently serves as a member of the state council for its WA division. Daniel has been named in Doyle’s Guide as one of the leading tax lawyers in WA and is a key member of the EY Law team in Perth that was recognised as the leading tax law firm in WA in 2016 and 2017.
- Current at
15 March 2018