Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation contains consideration of and case studies illustrating Div 152 including:
- what is necessary to satisfy the basic conditions for relief
- timing of the $5m net asset value tests
- the excluded assets and the importance of superannuation
- what are connected entities?
- the ATO's views on the control of trusts
- common pitfalls in the family business context.
This was also presented on 15 October 2005 by Chris Evans at the Tasmanian State Convention held in St Helens.
Current at 24 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Susan YOUNG.