Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation contains consideration of and case studies illustrating Div 152 including:
- what is necessary to satisfy the basic conditions for relief
- timing of the $5m net asset value tests
- the excluded assets and the importance of superannuation
- what are connected entities?
- the ATO's views on the control of trusts
- common pitfalls in the family business context.
This was also presented on 15 October 2005 by Chris Evans at the Tasmanian State Convention held in St Helens.