Published on 21 Oct 06
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Australia has billions of dollars invested in superannuation funds. Outside of the family home, superannuation may be a person’s largest asset. Knowing and utilising effective strategies for superannuation in succession planning is a must for all advisors. This presentation covers the following:
- when to establish self managed funds
- introducing new members into self managed funds
- retaining funds within a superannuation environment post death
- planning for efficient taxation of death benefits
- use of binding death benefit nominations
- non binding death nominations - where does the trustee stand?
- super splitting its relevance going forward.
Current at 25 June 2009