Published on 25 May 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- what special problems does buying into an existing unit trust add to your due diligence activities?
- what will you do when your trust vesting date comes around?
- would splitting or cloning your trust provide you with any real benefits?
- how do you structure your property trust so you do not end up paying capital gains tax twice?
- if you have more money in your trust than you have income can you pay it out without tax consequences?
Andrew is a Partner in the Sydney law firm Brown Wright Stein Lawyers. His clients are accountants
and lawyers in public practice that require advice on tax issues impacting on their clients. Andrew
specialises in tax issues common to the SME and high-wealth individual sectors.
- Current at
23 May 2017