Published on 18 Mar 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
The emerging GST risk areas covered in this presentation include:
- assumption of vendor liability in a sale of business
- GST audit experience
- Commissioner's discretion for non complying tax invoices
- recipient created tax invoices - when to use them and what formalities are required
- what to do if I fail to remit GST on B to B transactions?
- sale of capital assets
- GST timing issues - what to do if you have remitted GST at the incorrect time, or claimed input tax credits in the wrong tax period
- entertainment - FBT and GST interaction
- deposits and prepayments.
This was also presented by John Haig on 15 October 2005 at the Tasmanian State Convention held in St Helens.