Published on 07 Jul 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- relying on GST rulings, other publications and industry gossip
- is there any point getting a private ruling?
- the ATO's approach to penalties and GIC remission
- strategies for challenging ATO views
- GST litigation - some lessons learnt so far.
Damian has specialised in indirect tax consulting for 17 years. Prior to setting up the boutique GST practice, Damian Welshe & Associates, in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of The Tax Institute’s National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. His clients range from large financial institutions to small property developers and a network of other accounting and legal firms which seek specialist advice for their clients.
- Current at
23 January 2017