Published on 20 May 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
What safety nets are available?
- tips and traps for loans from companies and trusts
- loans to companies and the debt/equity rules
- debt forgiveness issues: when they are not a problem
Interest deductibility issues: a balancing act
- when negative gearing becomes 'too' negative
- getting your interest deductions in the right entity - issues with on-lending or funding related entities
- dealing with non-deductible debt - any magical disappearing acts?
Richard spent most of the first 23 years of his professional career in Brisbane in the tax practice of Andersen and then Ernst & Young. He now operates a tax consulting business through Balena Tassa Pty Ltd. Richard has particular expertise in tax and related structuring issues for the private client market. Most of his work is done by way of consulting to, and providing training for, accountants and lawyers around Australia who operate in these areas.
- Current at
19 May 2017