Published on 17 Oct 03
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers the following topics:
- trading stock v capital distinction
- allocation of service expenses to trading stock cost
- trading stock arbitrage by using a captured construction entity
- acceleration of construction costs
- selection of development vehicle
- restructures and land partitions
- stamp duty
- serviced apartment depreciation phenomena and ATO crackdown.
Ron Jorgensen, CTA, is a Partner at Rigby Cooke Lawyers. Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and state tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcements, and specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax-sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist in Tax Law, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and a respected technical writer and presenter. Ron is a fierce advocate for taxpayers.
- Current at
23 May 2017