Published on 19 May 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
ROSA has resulted in substantial changes to ATO procedures including in relation to GIC, penalties and private rulings. In this presentation, you will learn:
- how to work out whether the ATO is out of time to re-assess your clients under the new regime?
- what has changed in relation to penalties (and what remains the same)?
- how does the new Shortfall Interest Charge operate, and when will it be imposed?
- how has the private ruling process changed (and has it changed for the better)?
- is anything else set for a shake-up as a result of ROSA?
Craig is a Special Counsel in the Tax Division at MinterEllison. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a Masters of Tax, and is completing a PhD in physics in his spare time. Craig has specialised in corporate taxation since 2000, and also assists clients with the resolution of disputes with the ATO and the Office of State Revenue. Craig is the Chair of The Tax Institute’s Queensland Technical Resources Committee, and is recognised in both Best Lawyers and Doyle’s Guide.
- Current at
29 November 2017