Published on 19 May 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
ROSA has resulted in substantial changes to ATO procedures including in relation to GIC, penalties and private rulings. In this presentation, you will learn:
- how to work out whether the ATO is out of time to re-assess your clients under the new regime?
- what has changed in relation to penalties (and what remains the same)?
- how does the new Shortfall Interest Charge operate, and when will it be imposed?
- how has the private ruling process changed (and has it changed for the better)?
- is anything else set for a shake-up as a result of ROSA?
Craig is a Special Counsel at Minter Ellison. He specialises in corporate taxation, and has
substantial experience in tax litigation, and in achieving negotiated outcomes with the ATO. He is a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia and the Australia and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, and is a member
of the Taxation Institute of Australia’s National Corporate and CGT Technical Committees, as well as the Queensland Education and Technical Committees. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a
Masters of Tax.
Current at 27 March 2008 Current at 11 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Craig BOWIE.