Published on 24 Jun 05
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Apart from the family home superannuation is usually the next most valuable asset that a person has. The art of creating enough to live on in retirement is a delicate balance of prudent investing and using the concessions available to stretch the net as far as possible without it breaking. This presentation covers the use of the relevant concessions in the superannuation legislation to ensure the best possible outcomes for wealth creation during the accumulation and draw down stages of superannuation. Matters covered include:
- keeping on top of contributions to super
- things to think about with choice of funds
- investment strategies and wealth building through super
- taxation of superannuation funds in accumulation and pension phases
- pension strategies, strengths and weaknesses.