Published on 06 Apr 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation is a practical guide for working with trust deeds, focussing on what words in the trust deed mean, some useful tips, issues to consider and traps to avoid. Including:
- difficulties with working out who are the beneficiaries
- trust to trust distributions
- problems with distribution powers and beneficiary entitlements
- problems with appointors and guardians
- trust deed variations: how? what can they cure? what are the side effects?
Rob is a principal of Sladen Legal. He is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in both Tax Law and Business Law and is on their Tax Law Specialisation Advisory Committee. He is on the Superannuation Industry Relationship Network of the ATO and is a member of the board and technical committee of SISFA. Rob is acknowledged as a leader in his field and is regularly asked to share his specialist knowledge on areas such as tax, superannuation, succession and estate planning and trusts. Rob has been a principal of Sladen Legal and its predecessor firm since 1981.
- Current at
05 July 2018