02 Nov 09 2009 Measures No 5 Bill passed by House
On 29 October 2009, Tax Laws Amendment (2009 Measures No 5) Bill 2009 was passed by the House of Representatives without amendment.
- confirms that a representative of an incapacitated entity is responsible for the GST consequences arising during its appointment;
- changes the basis on which a pay as you go (PAYG) instalment liability is calculated;
- provides that the outer regional and remote payment made under the Helping Children with Autism package is exempt from income tax;
- provides that payments made under the Continence Aids Payment Scheme are exempt from income tax;
- exempts Commonwealth debt issued in Australia from interest withholding tax;
- enables the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund Independent Advisory Panel to use donations for a broader range of purposes than the tax law considers charitable;
- makes consequential amendments to the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
The Bill now proceeds to the Senate.