30 Oct 088 Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs
Taxation Institute Vice President Joan Roberts FTIA (Harwood Andrews, Melbourne) and Michael Dirkis FTIA met with the Hon Chris Bowen MP, the Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs, on Wednesday 29 October 2008. Issues discussed at the meeting included:
- feedback on the consultative processes;
- TOFA (the need for clarification of a number of key outstanding issues);
- day to day issues in light of Australia’s Future Tax Review;
- tax administration in tough economic conditions;
- capital protected borrowing arrangements (the benchmark interest rate); and
- naming and shaming.