On 16 February, 2010, the Commissioner, Michael D'Ascenzo, gave an address entitled "What's tax got to do with it?" to the Australian Institute of Company Directors, in Sydney, New South Wales.
Topics in the Commissioner's address included:
- International regulation
- The place of tax in the boardroom
- The case for a well-supported tax function
- Corporate social responsibility
- ATO risk assessment framework
- The rulings process: managing uncertainty, and
- Bringing tax risks to everyone’s attention.