06 Aug 09 Compliance program 2009-10 - ATO focus
In a media release issued on 5 August 2009, the Commissioner, Michael D’Ascenzo, announced the release of the ATO's Compliance program for 2009-10.
Supporting people during the economic downturn and dealing firmly with those who deliberately evade their tax and super obligations will be top priorities for the ATO in the year ahead, Mr D'Ascenzo said.
Specific areas of focus include:
- The returns of individuals and businesses, in particular those with losses, high risk refunds, eligibility for tax offsets and employee share schemes
- Highly paid company directors and executives
- High wealth individuals, including individuals with a net wealth of between $5 and $30 million
- Cross-border tax avoidance schemes, particularly those involving tax havens and transfer pricing
- Dodgy schemes, particularly those offering illegal early access to superannuation savings
For a copy of the ATO media release, No 2009/53, 5 August 2009, go here
For a copy of the ATO's Compliance program 2009-10, go here