29 Nov 07 IGOT's Annual Report 2006-07On 17 September 2007, the Inspector-General of Taxation presented his Annual Report for 2006-07 to the then Minister for Revenue and Assistant Treasurer, Peter Dutton. It has only now been released.
As at 30 June 2007, the IGOT completed 3 case study reviews during the year and reported on them to the Minister, and he has another 5 reviews underway as follows:
- case study review into the ATO's handling of living away from home allowances (Report to Minister, 24 January 2007);
- case study review into the ATO's handling of service entity arrangements (Report to Minister, 24 January 2007);
- case study review into the ATO's handling of research and development syndicates (Report to Minister 3 May 2007);
- a review of the potential revenue bias in private binding rulings (commenced August 2005);
- a review of the extent to which the ATO has implemented recommendations from completed reports by my office (commenced June 2006);
- a review into the ATO's administration of GST audits (commenced October 2006).
- a review into the underlying causes and the management of objections to ATO decisions (commenced January 2007);
- a fourth, summary report on the review of the ATO's handling of complex matters arising from the three case study reviews completed during the year (commenced June 2007).
For a copy of the IGOT's Annual Report, go here