15 Oct 08 IGOT's Annual Report 2007-08The Inspector-General of Taxation, David Vos AM, has published his Annual Report for 2007-08. As at 30 June 2008, the IGAT had completed three substantial reviews during the year and reported on them to the Minister, and had another five reviews in train. Those five reviews were as follows:
- a review into the underlying causes and the management of objections to ATO decisions (commenced January 2007);
- a fourth, summary report on the review of the ATO’s handling of complex matters arising from the three case study reviews completed during 2007 (commenced June 2007). This report was submitted to the Minister on 6 August 2008;
- a review into the ATO’s administration of public binding advice (commenced November 2007);
- a review into the non-lodgement of income tax returns (commenced November 2007);
- a review into aspects of the ATO’s settlement of active compliance activities (commenced November 2007).
For a copy of the IGOT's Annual Report 2007-08, go here.