21 Aug 09
NTLG agenda prioritisation teleconference
In preparation for the ATO's NTLG meeting on Thursday 17 September 2009, the ATO organised a teleconference of the NTLG on Tuesday 18 August 2009 to discuss the priority of issues raised. Issues on the agenda include:
- Processes for co-designing solutions to major tax issues;
- Division 7A and unpaid present entitlements;
- The scope of the Commissioner's discretion post McIntosh v FCT;
- The inability of the AAT to deal with invalidity arguments post Kennedy v AAT  FCACF 124; and
- Shareholder discounts and dividends.