11 Aug 06 NTLG Finance and Investment SubcommitteeDavid Romans (PWC Melbourne) and Tony Frost (Greenwoods & Freehills) attended the NTLG Finance and Investment Subcommittee meeting held on Tuesday 8 August 2006.
Following a Treasury update the following issues were discussed:
- Calculation of delta for rights in RPS – the ATO is undertaking further consideration of the issue;
- Trading activity of OBU ( ie whether all items held on revenue account can be said to be held for trading) - again the ATO is undertaking further consideration of the issue;
- FX denominated loans and impact on the borrower;
- Hire Purchase and Div 974, the main issue is whether to take account of the residual value in the Div 974 analysis; and
- Debt/Equity issues such as the meaning of ENCO, related schemes provision, and related party at call loans.