04 Jul 06 Review of ATO's implementation of IGOT recommendationsThe Inspector-General has advised that he will investigate to what extent the ATO has implemented the recommendations included in the following reports:
- The Review of the Remission of General Interest Charge for Groups of Taxpayers in Dispute with the Tax Office (Report to Minister, 5 August 2004)
- Review of Tax Office Administration of GST Refunds Resulting in the Lodgement of Credit BASs (Report to Minister, 19 January 2005)
- Review into the Tax Office’s Small Business Debt Collection Practices (Report to Minister, 12 April 2005)
- Review into the Tax Office’s Administration of Penalties and Interest Arising from Active Compliance (Report to Minister, 18 May 2005)
- Review into Tax Office Audit Time Frames (Report to Minister, 19 July 2005)
- Review into Aspects of the Australian Taxation Office’s Management of Litigation (Report to Minister, 18 May 2006) .
For a copy of the IGOT's advice, the Terms of Reference and Consultation Plan, go here