The Taxation Institute was represented by Craig Darley FTIA (Vincents) at the inaugural South East Queensland Regional Tax Practitioner Working Group meeting on Tuesday 21 April 2009. The issues covered at the meeting included:
- impact of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC);
- business consultation website;
- reforms to income tests;
- small business and general business tax break;
- changes to claiming family tax benefit; and
- tax agents and self managed superannuation funds - income tax returns.
An ATO update on pre-filling was also provided.