20 Mar 09 Taxation Institute's Superannuation SubcommitteeThe Taxation Institute's Superannuation Subcommittee met on Thursday 19 March 2009 and was chaired by Daniel Butler FTIA (DBT Butler). Subcommittee members discussed a range of issues including:
- the Inspector-General of Taxation's proposed review into the efficiency of the ATO's compliance and regulatory approaches to SMSFs;
- the provision of ATO advice on the SIS Act;
- ATO strategies to address illegal early release;
- member contribution statements; and
- the impact on reportable superannuation contributions by the proposed reforms to income tests in Tax Laws Amendment (2009 Measures No 1) Bill 2009 - see 2009 TAXVINE No 5 (13 February 2009).