Published on 17 Jun 2003
| Took place at Christie Corporate, Brisbane
This practical seminar looked at 12 topical issues that need to be addressed in the current climate of nearly three years post GST commencement. It considered the implications of staff turnover on original GST implementation programs and the GST impact on major transactions for acquisition of capital assets if incorrect
treatment or coding occurs.
Attendees were updated on the risks and
opportunities associated with the most topical of GST issues. Remember that GST is one eleventh of gross income and expenses, and affects both revenue and capital items.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Author(s): Mark REYNOLDS This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- GST - to margin scheme or not to margin scheme?
- what looks like a going concern commercially - but isn't
- GST and agency issues - some commercial issues
- GST and non cash transactions - is the ATO right?
Author(s): Damian WELSHE This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- GST prudential audits - do's and don'ts
- wash transactions - no input tax credit - but no lost revenue commercially
- GST - joint venture versus partnership issues
- new GST grouping rulings.