Important: Reset your password We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
Published on 20 Jul 2004
| Took place at The Menzies Hotel, Sydney
So far this year the government has made several announcements regarding important changes to
superannuation. Practitioners who advise on superannuation and retirement planning need to fully understand these changes and how they will impact on their superannuation and retirement planning strategies.
Having identified widespread non-compliance the ATO has also indicated that it will be maintaining close scrutiny of SMSF trustees and auditors.
This superannuation seminar provided practitioners with an excellent opportunity to learn about the superannuation changes and the ATO audit activities in this area. The emphasis was on practical issues relevant to practitioners in their everyday advising.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
This presentation covers:
- Treasurer's announcement on superannuation and retirement planning earlier this year eg. market linked pensions and other changes
- 2004-05 Federal Budget superannuation measures
- interdependent relationships and tax free superannuation benefits. Assistant Treasurer's recent announcement.
This paper contains:
- a case study on how to pay an allocated pension out of a SMSF
- complete coverage of everything you need to know as an adviser to pay an allocated pension.
This paper covers the following topics:
- holding your business premises in your SMSF
- participating in property development
- buying property from associates
- leasing property to associates
- jointly owning property
- investing through unit trusts.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, contact our Membership and Customer Services Team on +61 2 8223 0000 (Monday to Friday, 830am – 5pm AEDT). If available, please have your member number or web user ID handy.