Published on 15 Jun 2004
| Took place at City West Function Centre, West Perth
This seminar was designed to provide tax practitioners with practical and up to date
information and strategies on key CGT issues that impact upon individual and small business clients. It used a mixture of formal presentations, discussion and interactive case studies.
Its specific objectives were to provide tax practitioners with:
- a review of recent developments in legislation, case law, ATO Rulings, Determinations and Interpretative Decisions that impact upon the CGT affairs of individuals and SMEs
- information and strategies that can help effective CGT planning for such clients
- awareness of the CGT and other pitfalls that can adversely affect such clients, together with means of avoiding these problems.
A CGT Survival Guide
Author(s): Chris EVANS This seminar paper contains the following key features:
- recent CGT developments
- protecting the CGT discount
- planning for the small business concessions
- accessing other business concessions
- avoiding CGT traps and pitfalls.
This paper was originally presented at the CGT Survival Guide seminars held in Perth on 15 June 2004 and Adelaide on 21 June 2004. It was the updated slightly for the CGT Survival Guide seminar held in Brisbane on 17 September 2004.