Advising Clients in the Thoroughbred Industry
Published on 21 Jun 2005
| Took place at Holiday Inn Adelaide
This seminar focussed on the horse breeding and racing industry. The speakers covered a range of issues including:
- cases and rulings surrounding the hobby and business debate
- the treatment of animals as livestock or plant
- the CGT implications of disposals
- the GST impact on this industry from acquisitions to sales
- import and export issues
- the treatment of prize money and sponsorships.
Involvement in the thoroughbred industry through syndicates is a growing area and these seminar materials address issues relevant to different structures.