Published on 20 May 2004
| Took place at Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
This roadshow was held on:
- 11 May 2004 at Picnic Point, Toowoomba
- 12 May 2004 at ANA Hotel, Surfers Paradise
- 13 May 2004 at Mooloolaba Yacht Club
- 18 May 2004 at Ocean International Hotel, Mackay
- 19 May 2004 at Jupiters Hotel & Casino, Townsville
- 20 May 2004 at Hilton Hotel, Cairns.
At this seminar our specially selected team of presenters explained how to best manage the ups and downs, weather and family, of rural enterprises to obtain all the available tax concessions and exemptions.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Author(s): Harry M RIGNEY Complex income tax and capital gains tax issues often bog down the restructuring of farming enterprises. This seminar paper explores these issues with respect to variations of partnerships, as well as changes from a partnership to an alternative trading entity and includes:
- the STS provisions and key issues associated with the changes
- the capital allowance issues, including rollover provisions
- the treatment of livestock, including rollover provisions
- capital gains tax issues.
This paper was also presented at the Agribusiness roadshow held in Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns in May 2004.
Author(s): Norman KOCHANNEK Primary producers are facing difficult times, so it is
essential that all tax concessions available be used. This presentation gives a summary of the tax concessions and ATO pronouncements particular to primary producers including:
- farm management deposits
- BAS reporting choices for primary producers
- taxation for primary producers
- non-commercial losses
This was also presented at the Agribusiness roadshow held in Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns in May 2004.
Author(s): Shane ROBERTS The Commissioner of Taxation has powers of recovery against both companies and their Directors if they fail to comply with taxation obligations, writes Shane Roberts.
This paper was also presented at the Agribusiness - Primary Concerns seminar series held in Toowoomba on 11 May 2004, Surfers Paradise on 12 May 2004, Mooloolaba on 13 May 2004, Mackay on 18 May 2004, Townsville on 19 May 2004 and Cairns on 20 May 2004.