Asset Protection for Tax Practitioners
Published on 09 Sep 2004
| Took place at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney, and Crowne Plaza, Parramatta
This seminar series was held on:
- 7 September 2004 at All Seasons Premier Menzies, Sydney
- 9 September 2004 at Crowne Plaza, Parramatta.
The Federal Government, the ATO and ITSA appear to be determined to render ineffective the asset protection strategies traditionally used by professionals to safeguard family assets from financial risk. The proposed sweeping changes to the bankruptcy laws set out in recent exposure draft legislation is clear evidence of this policy. Add to this the increase in professional negligence claims, the growing complexity of the tax laws and the problems with professional indemnity insurance and you have some very good reasons for practitioners to be concerned. Topics covered in this seminar included:
- bankruptcy laws and exposures
- asset protection strategies
- what approach will the Government take?
- should I be using a service trust and/or a