Published on 26 Mar 1997
| Took place at Sebel Townhouse, Elizabeth Bay
Important questions answered in this seminar include:
- How will the Spottless Case effect your choice of tax structre?
- What are your options?
- Which entity do you choose for professionals?
- Which entity do you choose for investment and trading ventures?
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.
Which entity do I chose for investment and trading ventures?
Author(s): Gary GLOVER This seesion will:
- through the use of case studies, look at various circumstances in which tax entities may be used;
- indicate when an entity or mix of entities would be chosen in preference to others;
- consider the situations for portfolio investment, property investment and trading ventures.
Author(s): Anne HYDE This session will:
- explain that taxpayers have the right to choose the type of entity which will conduct their business or carry out a transaction;
- consider the effect on this choice of Part IVA of the ITAA, including the impact of Spotless and other relevant cases;
- demonstrate the provisions of Part IVA through case studies.
Author(s): Tony FITTLER This session will:
- through the use of case studies, ook at the various circumstances in which tax entities may be used for professionals;
- consider the restrictions on ownership and control imposed by some professional and regulatory bodies;
- consider the income tax rulings which directly affect the choice of entity for professionals.