Climate Change - The Corporate Tax Issues Heat Up
Published on 03 Sep 2008
| Took place at RACV Club, Melbourne, VIC
The Government has now released its Green Paper on the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme. The proposed measures will profoundly affect business in Australia and not surprisingly raise a number of challenging new corporate tax issues.
This event covered the regulatory and tax issues facing Australian businesses in this new era of the fight against climate change.
As well as providing an outline of the Government's proposal, this session addressed:
- the types of businesses that will be directly impacted
- the tax implications of acquiring and banking carbon permits
- the tax issues associated with surrendering carbon permits
- specific implications for those entities choosing to voluntarily comply with the scheme
- the interplay between the use of carbon credits and renewable energy certificates, and associated issues.
Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.