Important: Reset your password We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
This seminar paper demystifies the tax consolidation laws. Its focus will be on the approach that SME advisers could take when asking themselves the question: does the consolidations regime add benefit to my SME client or not? Questions answered include:
- Which clients does consolidations apply to?
- What are the benefits for the owners of consolidating?
- How does consolidations affect trusts and partnerships?
- What are the financial accounting affects of consolidating?
- What do you have to do to consolidate and by when?
- What happens if your client sells off part of a business or purchases a new business?
- What are the ramifications for losses and imputation credits?
This seminar paper focusses on the cost benefit analysis of deciding whether to consolidate or not, including:
- who can form part of the consolidated group
- treatment of assets and losses
- steps to be taken to select group and elect to consolidate
- when does the decision to consolidate have to be made?
- is restructuring an option?
This seminar paper consists of a case study focussing on buying and selling a business including:
- timing of transaction
- share vs. assets
- losses planning
- funding and tax consolidations
- due diligence and warranty issues.
We've made some changes to our website. You will need to reset your password to access your account, access online books, purchase items from our online shop, or download papers from the Tax Knowledge eXchange.
To reset your password, click on 'Reset password' below.