Published on 02 Apr 2004
| Took place at Holiday Inn on Hindley, Adelaide, and Crowne Plaza Darwin
This seminar series was held in:
- Adelaide on 22 March 2004
- Darwin on 2 April 2004.
On 19 February 2004 Taxation Laws Amendment Bill 2004 was introduced to Parliament. It includes nine pages of provisions and measures that have significantly increased the potential for
deemed dividends to be assessed from trust transactions. The major operative date is 12 December 2002.
These seminar materials consider how the new section 109 XA operates within Division 7A and outlines what practitioners need to do to minimise this increased risk for clients.
The new section 109UB
Author(s): Terry LEWIS This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- the range of trust transactions caught (payments, loans and debt forgiveness)
- unpaid present entitlements
- unrealised gains - distributions and payments
- other Division 7A provisions amended
- excluded transactions
- operative dates for the legislation.